Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Exposure therapy part 1...

At one point my phobia was so bad that the words vomit, barf, puke, throw up, blow chunks-can I just say that this just sounds gross to say in general regardless of emetophobia, regurgitate, to get sick, nauseated, nausea, and all the other words associated with vomiting. Reading them had me in a panic. I could not read it, hear it read, write it, nothing. It was all so scary to me. But with age, I began to do my own exposure therapy that way. Years of has gotten me to the point that I am not bothered about it in books or writing about it any longer.

So I have gotten over the early stages of the worst parts of having emetophobia. However, I am still uneasy at any image or video that involved vomit.

My next stage is to go be able to see cartoons/fake images without any worry. I still get uneasy if I see it, though I can stop a panic attack from beginning, unlike where I am with real puke yet, even TV/movie people vomit that is clearly fake. I am still determined that by the end of this year...emetophobia will be a thing of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment