Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Most Beautiful Songs I Know...

Just a list of some beautiful songs, ones with great meaning and often have a powerful singer:

Angels and Demons by Melissa Otero: I heard this song on Dance Moms and I was amazed I had not heard of this woman before. She has an amazing voice and it is a powerful song to me.

I Want to Know What Love is by Foreigner: This varies by individual, but I say I want to dance to this song at my wedding should I ever maybe get married...or better yet, should anyone stand me long enough to actually want me to be their wife, which probably won't happen. Oh well, song still speaks to me.

When Love Takes You In by Steven Curtis Chapman: I'm not Christian, so his music is useless to me in general, however as an advocate of legal and safe adoption to children abandoned/neglected and/or orphaned in the U.S and across the globe and against the trafficking of any child, this song is one of the best I've heard on this subject. Only problem with it is the idea that love is enough to parent these children, who have likely experienced and lived in circumstances we could imagine in our worst nightmares. PTSD is not unheard of in foster children and children in orphanages often have institutionalized behavior problems such as overeating and food hoarding and aggression. Like all children in new environments, they're going to test their boundaries and see what they can get away with as well and no, they don't have to be grateful to their adoptive parents. They never asked for their circumstances in the first place.

On a similar note,
This is to Mother You by Sinead O'Conner: Just a beautiful song and I think it fits in with adoption perfectly. Sinead is quite a powerful singer.

Woman in Chains by Tears for Fears with Oleta Adams: A sad, but powerful song with the message it is trying to tell.

Requiem for A Dream by Clint Mansell: Just a powerful song, especially when aware of what the movie is about.

Hellfire and God Help The Outcasts from the Disney movie of the Hunchback of Notre Dame: Such a powerful story for child's movie and honestly surprised they were able to make it child-like, yet incorporate such adult themes of religion and politics into the film as well. Well done Disney...the sequel is total shit on a stick though, so don't bother if you haven't seen it.

Any other songs you find beautiful and/or powerful? Ones that evoke an emotional response from you in some way? Feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment